The European Medicines Verification Organisation (EMVO) has taken responsibility for advancing the formation of the European Medicines Verification System (EMVS). The EMVS is in accordance with the EU’s Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD) and the Delegated Regulation (DR).
It ensures the implementation of a functioning, secure, interoperable and cost effective system across Europe.
The EMVO is a Belgian non-profit organisation representing stakeholders united in securing the legal supply chain from falsified medicines.
Its founding members are
- EFPIA (The European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations),
- Medicines for Europe (The European Generic and Biosimilar Medicines Association),
- PGEU (The Pharmaceutical Group of the European Union),
- GIRP (The European Healthcare Distribution Association) and
- EAEPC (The European Association of Euro-Pharmaceutical Companies).
Further global information on the Falsified Medicines Directive from the perspective of the European Commission can be found on https://ec.europa.eu/health/human-use/falsified_medicines_en